Sunday, October 30, 2011





It's been a fun few weeks! UEA weekend was filled with cousins, apple juice, and a BYU football game. We jumped from that to a busy week at school for everyone, and now we are in full Halloween swing! Maddy and her cute friend Haley went to the haunted house at their school...

We drove the Alpine Loop yesterday. It was beautiful - even though we missed the fall leaves by a week or so! Maddy and I had a great time bundled up in the Saab with the roof down, blaring jazz, blues and classical music!

Timp is beautiful anytime of year...

The next few pictures are from Maddy's photography portfolio. I love fall and I love her photographs!

Pumpkins on the porch...



Leaves on the ground...


Fall berries...


Backyard leaves...


Tonight we had a fun Miller get-together. The main occasion was that D's cousin, Sara, is in town...here she is with Shelly and Jaron!


Miss Merzy wore her Rise-Up BYU gear...my kind of girl!


Maddy and Lexie...

Tom and Jeff...mind the gap!


We were happy that J made it back from TX to join us...here are he and Lu just before breaking out into the Sprockets dance!


Grandma and Grandpa Miller! Here's Hal dutifully doing the dishes...for which I am so grateful :-)


Dr. D about to dig in to the great gourd...


Sam (aka Spidey) grossing out over the guts!


We also got a visit from Tinkerbell...


A sleepy, sad, but very sweet skunk!


And her highness, Cleopatra!


We also had a rare sighting of ANDY! He has been buried under college applications, a 4,000 word essay on the Chinese economy following Deng Xiaoping, and finals last week...we are happy to see him!


Again, I wish I had taken pictures of the food tonight...the menu featured:

Jo's Carmel Kiss Dip with apples and pears
Jo's Carmel Apple Cider Floats
Butternut Squash Soup with either Cardamom Creme Fresh or Pumpkin Oil/Toasted Peppitas
New England Clam Chowder (Market Street Broiler style)
JeNeal's Sarah Salad
Grilled Cheese ala Andy (sourdough, pesto, tomato, fresh mozzarella)
Grilled Cheese ala D (white cheddar on light rye)
Fresh sourdough bread ala Thing 1 and Thing 2
Kalin's Farewell Red Velvet Cake
Jo's Pumpkin Cake
Hot Fudge Brownies

A nice warm up for Thanksgiving, don't you think?!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!! I don't think you could possibly make me more jealous. That menu sounds divine! Love all the pictures and glad you all had a great get together!

The Millers said...

Oh Lissa! We wish you could have come back in J's luggage. We miss you so much :( Any plans to visit soon?