Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back in the blogosphere!


Bear with me as I learn how to do this! I have no idea where the pictures will end up, etc.

This week:

Sam made a paper chain counting down to Halloween. He is SO EXCITED to dress up as Darth Vader and go trick-or-treating!

He is also totally ready for the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation next week. His part reads: "Samuel Miller: The temple has blessed my family." And he says it just like that...he is having a great time learning to read and is insistent that he say the part just like it was written on the little slip of paper he was given. Love it!



Andy rocked the Beehive Bonanza debate tournament at the University of Utah, in the Public Forum category!! He brought home the 7th Place medal for best speaker!! This was a HUGE meet, so we are bursting with pride! He also attended a college application orientation night with his wonderful cousin, Emma...he has his sights set on either the University of Chicago or BYU. I, personally, am still in shock that my little boy is not little anymore.



Miss Maddy Miller bought a classy pair of black pumps (sorry for the sideways picture) for her upcoming Madrigals performance and band concert this week. She will be singing a solo at the choir concert...one of my favorite songs, Edelweiss! She and I had a fun girl night on Friday...shopping, eating, reading! We even braved a craft store...that is momentous!


Here is a picture of Andy in Germany...more on that later...

And here is a picture of the lighthouse at Skagen, where the North and Baltic Seas meet. Andy will do an entry about his trip with D and Grandma Baker to Denmark, Sweden, and Germany sometime (and maybe those pictures won't be sideways...)


Ben is a total piano pro! He has learned a bunch of Halloween songs and is going to start getting Christmas songs ready soon. He is working on a book project for the book "Doctor Proctors Amazing Fart Powder"...stay tuned for his "Good Book News" report video :-) He made a tv out of a cardboard box and is going to read his report with the box on his head. Clever Ben! Here is an old picture of Ben...he's just taller now - every bit as handsome though!


As for D and I...we're just not that interesting! But here is a picture of us in Etretat, France last summer :-)



I will say that we enjoyed a lovely fresh beet, goat cheese and arugula salad with sesame candied pecans for dinner tonight. I wish I had taken a picture!!



TTFN, T








4 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! A Miller blog. Cute pictures of everyone!

The Favorite said...

Welcome back! I do love having everything put into a book. Thanks for the awesome pictures and updates. We miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Man, you have the best kids! Loved hearing all their updates and seeing pictures! (blogger posts my pictures sideways too- weird! Thanks!!

The Millers said...

Here are the non-posted comments so far...

1) Why do Dylan and I look like midgets on the beach?

2) That picture of Andy in front if Beatlemania is actually in Hamburg, Germany...NOT Copenhagen, Denmark.

3) "Super Senior" sounds like a description of an AARP discount, not a 17 year old.

4) "are those seriously the most current pictures you have of me, mom?"...from every one of my kids!